Monday, July 26, 2010

What separates the 2010 Kent State football team

Its been about six months since I've been back to California and this hour seems like six more.  As much as I would like it to be, I know this is not a vacation.  The season approaches and I can feel it breathing on my neck.  We don't have any time to spare in preparation.  I've been on the Kent State football team 3, going on 4, years and I can honestly say I've never had a more grueling period of summer workouts.  If we can take that same mentality into camp we can be a force to be reckoned with.  I know that I can't afford throw away 2 months of training for a week and a half of fun.  I'm also confident that my teammates feel the same way.  That is what separates the 2010 Kent State football team from any other.  We are taking control of what we can do to make this team the best it can be.  All of the criticism we face is bringing our teammates closer together.  That being said, this week and a half will be spent making myself a better football player.  I want to bring something to Kent this year that the students, faculty, and the whole town can be proud of.  I want people to be proud to wear a Kent State football shirt.  I know it's not going to be easy.  But it starts a day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment